- Student Life
- Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate Programme is a wonderful course of study designed to meet the educational requirements of students aged between 16 and 18 years. The IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a well-rounded, rigorous and academic course of study, devised to develop students with skills for the 21st Century, who are informed global citizens. The two-year course aims to help students develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills required to participate actively and responsibly in a changing and increasingly intercultural world.
The programme reflects the IB commitment to language learning through the language acquisition courses offered and the mother tongue courses offered in English and in other languages as school supported self-study course. In addition, the programme affords all learners a broad range of subjects so as to ensure that the widest range of university pathways are open to individuals following graduation from the IBDP. The programme includes learning outside the classroom through the Creativity, Activity and Service programme. In addition, the Extended Essay provides the learners an opportunity to develop their independent learning skills through a process of academic research. Critical thinking skills are core to the Diploma Programme across all subjects and are developed across interdisciplinary subjects embedded within the Theory of Knowledge course.
Students require 24 points in order to pass the Diploma which needs to come from the correct combination of points in HL and SL subjects plus the core EE/TOK/CAS. All subjects are assessed through a combination of internal assessments (coursework) and written examinations. We guide students in subject choice, university choices as well as combinations of higher level and standard level subject combinations.
We are always proud of every student at Meadows in our post 16 provision.
- In Language Acquisition French and Spanish more than 1 point above world average
- Business Management, Geography, History and Psychology more than 1 point above world average
- Arabic B HL, History SL, Psychology SL all achieved more than 1 point above world average
- The total number of students entered for the IBDP in our Class of 2022 was 57 and 52 were awarded the Diploma, 5 were awarded the IB Courses Certificate
- Highest score was 44 points, and this was achieved by 2 students: Monica Amir Saad and Sophia-Ada Hamdan
- 7 students achieved 40 points or more: Jasmine Asadi (43), Kiyara Weerakoon (43), Akshansh Khrodia (42), Nicoletta Gulisek (42), Svettlana Chatterjee (42), Azahra Saptoro (40), Karim Naji Robehmed (40)
In 2022 over 24% of students achieved 40 points and above, Over 45% of students achieved 35 points and above and over 71% of students achieved 30 points and above.
From our graduating class of 2022 we are proud to celebrate the following students:
- Monica Amir Saad who received the Award for Academic Excellence and is studying Medicine at Queen’s University Belfast
- Sophia-Ada Hamdan who is studying Law at University
- Jasmine Asadi was awarded the International Student of the Year Award and is studying Law at the University of Warwick.
- Kiyara Weerakoon who was awarded the prestigious Khalaf Al Habtoor Award, she has decided to defer her placement to study law at Kings College London and is currently seeking internships with Law Firms in Dubai.
- Akshansh Khrodia who was the 2022 Class Valedictorian and received the Principal’s Award and is currently studying Aerospace Engineering at UCLA
- Nicoletta Gulisek who is currently in Vienna to study Art
- Svettlana Chatterjee who has taken a year out to work in international business
- Azahra Saptoro who received the Islamic Studies Award is currently studying Political Science at the Erasmus University
- Karim Naji Robehmed who is currently studying Engineering at Drexel University