From the EIS - Jumeirah High School Principal
Welcome to EIS - High School. Click to view the high school's Principal message.
From the EIS - Jumeirah Primary School Principal
Welcome to Emirates International School - Primary. In the Primary School our mission statement is
"to help each student to work towards and achieve their full potential by ensuring a safe, caring and positive environment. Accordingly, the students and staff are encouraged to develop a supportive and productive relationship in a cooperative learning environment"
Additionally, we believe that your child's education is a shared responsibility between the staff and the parents and we therefore encourage and value your full support and cooperation.
The student body reflects the local community. There are approximately 985 students in the Primary School with over 80 different nationalities being represented.
Similarly, the teaching faculty is representative of over 20 different nationalities, a feature unique to schools in Dubai. All faculty hold university degrees and/or teaching certificates and the majority have previous experience in teaching overseas.
The school's curriculum follows the Primary Years Programme (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate (IB). The following subject content areas are included:
- PYP (which includes Science, Social Studies, and integration with all subjects)
- ICT, and
- Arabic is studied by all students as per the Ministry of Education regulations.
- Islamic Studies is offered to all Muslim students, but other student religious development has been left to the families, mainly due to the multi-religious nature of our enrolment. Spiritual and ethical values however are incorporated in the ethos of the school.
The special needs of children are catered for by our ESL and Learning Support teachers.
The school and every member of the staff plays a part in the student's academic, social and personal development. Emphasis is placed on the PYP attitudes of appreciation, commitment, confidence, cooperation, creativity, curiosity, empathy, enthusiasm, independence, integrity, respect and tolerance. In this way we are promoting a holistic education.
We follow the IB Learner Profile the aim of which is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
IB learners strive to be:
- Inquirers - They develop their natural curiosity. They acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning. They actively enjoy learning and this love of learning will be sustained throughout their lives.
- Knowledgeable - They explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance. In so doing, they acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines.
- Thinkers - They exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions.
- Communicators -They understand and express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. They work effectively and willingly in collaboration with others.
- Principled - They act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups and communities. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
- Open-minded - They understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values and traditions of other individuals and communities. They are accustomed to seeking and evaluating a range of points of view, and are willing to grow from the experience.
- Caring - They show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
- Risk-takers -They approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought, and have the independence of spirit to explore new roles, ideas and strategies. They are brave and articulate in defending their beliefs.
- Balanced - They understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others.
- Reflective - They give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience. They are able to assess and understand their strengths and limitations in order to support their learning and personal development.
An annual high point in the school year is "International Day" when students, parents and staff have the unique opportunity to sample and appreciate the cultural divergence of the EIS family.
Emirates International School can be considered a microcosm of the community of Dubai, reflecting its international and cosmopolitan character and the fact that the school's enrolment is not dominated by any particular nationality or culture.
Our After School Activities include a variety of sports, musical opportunities and other creative and dramatic activities.
The annual school-wide drama productions are eagerly anticipated and involve a large number of students and staff. EIS students participate in interscholastic athletic activities with other schools in Dubai.
We hope you enjoy a long and happy association with us at Emirates International School - Jumeirah.
Lynley Marwick M. Ed. L
EIS - Jumeirah