Due to the international nature of the EIS-Jumeirah community, there are many important
ways in which global connections are encouraged and celebrated.
The academic programmes offered are international and encourage students to look
at local as well as international issues and examples whenever possible. We recognise
the importance of languages and all students are required to take a second language.
The annual International Day is an opportunity for parents, staff and students to
share their diverse heritages in a casual outdoors setting with performances and
food from around the world.
Overseas excursions are organised and student participation is high. Recently, students
went on the following trips:
- Grade 6 trip to Cyprus
- Grade 7 to 9 ski trip to Switzerland
- Silver and gold EISAP expeditions to Mauritius, India and Thailand
- Student participation in Model United Nations (MUN) programmes in Jordan and Egypt
- IB Diploma Programme theatre workshop in Thailand
- Student exchange programme with an Italian school in Tradeste, Italy
- Combined French and Art IB Diploma Programme student trip to Paris
- Some Muslim students performed the umra in Mecca (Saudi Arabia)